Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University)
- Existence: active 1958 - 1986
The Joint Oral History Project was established to conduct oral history interviews about Brigham Young University.
The Joint Oral History Project conducted interviews with selected, retired Brigham Young University faculty, alumni, and other individuals who had extensive contact with the University. The interviews focused on the Brigham Young University community at the time of the interviewee's association with the University, but also covering the interviewee's life before coming and after leaving the university. The Joint Oral History Project was established to conduct oral history interviews about Brigham Young University.
Citation:UPB files, December 19, 2014 (Joint Oral History Project; interviews retired Brigham Young University faculty, alumi, and other individuals with contact with the University; topics of interviews)
Found in 94 Collections and/or Records:
Typescripts of an interview conducted by Barbara Pannoni for the Joint Oral History Program of the Brigham Young University Archives and the BYU Alumni Association Emeritus Club. Includes three drafts of the interview. Bergera talks about his association with the "Seventh East Press" which was an off-campus student newspaper at Brigham Young University in the early 1980s.
Interview by Alonzo Morley with George H. Hansen, geologist, concerning his experiences in Richfield, Utah; as a student at Utah State University, 1915-1918, as a missionary in England, as a faculty member and administrator at Brigham Young University from 1927, and on later work at a university in Java. Includes transcript and sound recording.
Typescript of an interview taken from the included cassette sound tape. The interview was conducted by Caroline E. Miner on March 19, 1984 for the Joint Oral History Program of the Brigham Young University Archives and the BYU Alumni Association Emeritus Club. Miner talks about growing up in Fairview, Utah, attending Brigham Young University, and his various teaching assignments.
Oral history interview with Gloria Dawn Jensen for the Brigham Young University Alumni Emeritus Club, interviewed by David F. Boone on April 10, 1978. Gloria Jensen talks briefly about herself, her college experience in Library Science and career. Includes a rough draft, original transcript, and bound copy of the interview.
Interview by Oliver Smith with H. Alvah Fitzgerald recounting his education and experiences teaching seminary and religion at Brigham Young University. Includes transcript and sound recording.
Interview conducted by Richard Poll as part of the Brigham Young University Archives Joint Oral History Project by the Brigham Young University Alumni Association Emeritus Club on September 14, 1988. Marlow describes why he chose to teach history at BYU. He gives an account of his employment with the History Department and describes different aspects of his career including his involvement in the Study Abroad Program.
Interview by John Quist with Harold Anderson concerning his early life, education at Brigham Young University, employment, and subsequent recruitment by President Wilkinson. Largely deals with his role as Director of Planning and Physical Facilities at BYU. Includes transcript and sound recording.
Interview by Arthur Chapman with Harold J. Bissell, who recounts his education at BYU and Iowa, and his teaching experiences and thoughts about BYU.
Four typescripts of the included cassette sound tapes. The interview was conducted by Arthur R. Watkins from the Joint Oral History Project of Brigham Young University. Nicholes talks about his childhood in St. George, his educational background, his career as a teacher at Brigham Young University, his two marriages, and his spiritual feelings.
Inteview by Arthur Chapman concerning his student experiences, war experiences, and graduate education and subsequent appointment as professor of Zoology at Brigham Young University.
- Colleges and Universities 92
- Education 92
- Oral histories 86
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Faculty -- Interviews 21
- Transcripts 14
- Interviews 12
- Audiocassettes 11
- Historians -- Utah -- Provo -- Interviews 10
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- History 4
- Audiotapes 3
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Provo -- History 3
- Academic freedom 2
- China -- Foreign relations -- 1976- 2
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Letters 2
- Missions and Missionaries 2
- Provo (Utah) -- History 2
- Typescripts 2
- Zoologists -- Biography 2
- Agronomy -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Artists -- Canada -- History 1
- Artists -- United States -- History 1
- Audio-visual equipment 1
- Authors, American 1
- Beaver (Utah) 1
- Blacks 1
- Book of Mormon -- Antiquities 1
- Broadcasting -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Broadcasting -- Utah -- Salt Lake City 1
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce 1
- Civic improvement -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Danish Americans -- Utah -- History 1
- Deer Creek Reservoir (Utah) 1
- Duchesne County (Utah) 1
- Education, Higher -- Utah -- Provo 1
- English teachers 1
- Fairview (Utah) 1
- Geology -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Historians -- Utah -- Interviews 1
- Journalism, School 1
- Journalists -- Interviews 1
- Journalists -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Juárez (Chihuahua, Mexico) 1
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions 1
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- California -- History 1
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- California 1
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Ireland -- History 1
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Missouri -- Liberty -- History 1
- Latter Day Saint women -- Kansas -- History 1
- Latter Day Saint women -- Utah -- Leland -- Interviews 1
- Latter Day Saint women -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Arizona -- Interviews 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Attitudes 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Colonization -- Mexico 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Interviews 1
- Library science -- Education 1
- Milan (Italy) 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Music in churches 1
- Music in universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Music teachers -- Utah -- Provo -- Biography 1
- Physical education and training -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Physicians -- Utah -- Provo -- Biography 1
- Provo (Utah) 1
- Provo (Utah) -- Commerce 1
- Railroads -- Utah -- Orem 1
- Railroads -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Scientists -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Sculptors -- Canada -- History -- Sources 1
- Sculptors -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Secretaries -- Utah -- Provo -- Interviews 1
- Seventh East Press 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Spanish language -- Study and teaching 1
- Sports and Recreation 1
- Steel industry and trade -- Utah 1
- Timpanogos Hike 1
- Transcriptions (Documents) 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- Women teachers -- Utah -- History 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Personal narratives 1 + ∧ less