Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Department of Extension Publications

 Organization

Administrative History

The Department of Extension Publications (1961-1968) was an administrative body of Brigham Young University.

The Department of Extension Publications was established in 1961 and was abolished in 1968. Those who served as chairmen of the department were: William Leach (1961-1964) and Lawrence D. Lawlor (1964-1966). When Adult Education and Extension Services was renamed the Division of Continuing Education, the department was then lead by a supervisor, William F. Rawcliffe (1966-1968). Extension Publications produced in mulilith or printed form numerous lectures, pamphlets, and other material for distribution to students, faculty, alumni, and patrons of the University. The goal of this service was adult education through the printed page.

Citation

Harold B. Lee Library, website visited May 23, 2014: Brigham Young University. Extension Publications (Department of Extension Publications, created 1961, abolished 1968, Adult Education and Extension Services, Division of Continuing Education).

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Collection on Leadership Week

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 5682
Scope and Contents Collection contains speeches from Brigham Young University Leadership Week. The materials contain role play scenarios, stories, and gospel teaching methods for improvement of teaching. Also contains devotionals for Leadership Week and lectures related to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Dated 1954-1964.
Dates: 1954-1964

Publications

 Collection
Identifier: UA 1084
Scope and Contents Collection consists of 47 bound volumes. The volumes contain annual reports, publications, meeting minutes, handbooks, reports, brochures, and other materials.
Dates: 1922-1977