U.S. Mormon Battalion, Inc. Auxiliary
The Auxiliary of U.S. Mormon Battalion, Inc. (1960-2006) was an organization that preserved the history of women in the Mormon Battalion.
The Mormon Battalion Auxiliary was organized in January 1960 in a basement room at the State Capitol of Utah. Mary Stevenson Goodman was appointed as the first auxiliary president. For over forty years the Auxiliary worked along with Mormon Battalion, Inc. to preserve the history of the Battalion. In 2006, the Auxiliary was incorporated into the main body of the Mormon Battalion.
Citation:Mormon Battalion Association records, 1846-2012 (Auxiliary of the U.S. Mormon Battalion, Inc.; U.S. Mormon Battalion Auxiliary; USMB Ladies Auxiliary; Mormon Battalion Women's Auxiliary; est. Jan. 1960 at Utah State Capitol; Mary Stevenson Goodman appointed first president; supported mission of Mormon Battalion, Inc.; incorporated into main org. in 2006)
New Mexico Company website, via WWW, Apr. 24, 2013 (U.S. Mormon Battalion, Inc. Ladies' Auxiliary)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Contains materials which document the history of and activities conducted by the Women's Auxiliary of the Mormon Battalion association, located in Utah. Includes biographies, correspondence, history, leadership, minutes, and newsletters relating to the organization and its mission to remember the contributions of women to the Mormon Battalion. Materials date from between 1901 and 2012.
Materials include reports, minutes, biographies, correspondence, histories, newsletters, and other materials from the Mormon Battalion Association and its earlier women's auxiliary organization, both of which were headquartered in Lehi, Utah. The materials document the activities and governance of these organizations, as well as the history of the original Mormon Battalion of 1846-1847. Materials date from between 1846 and 2012.