Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Auxiliary Services

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1954-1969

Administrative History

Auxiliary Services (1954-1969) functioned to administrate over a variety of services provided by the university.

Auxiliary Services was created in 1954 in order to officiate over a large group of previously unincorporated university services including Farm Operations, Creamery, Laundry, Food Buying, Food Service, Photo Studio, Student Housing, University Press, Purchasing, Campus Planning, and Motion Picture Production. The organization existed until 1969 when the services were dispersed under the direction of various vice-presidents and assistant vice-presidents. Directors included: Ben E. Lewis (1954-1966) and Fred Schwendiman (1966-1969).

Citation

BYU organizational history project, Feb. 8, 2012: Brigham Young University. Auxiliary Services (1954-1969, unincorporated university services, Farm Operations, Creamery, Laundry, Food Buying, Food Service, Photo Studio, Student Housing, University Press, Purchasing, Campus Planning, Motion Picture Production, dispersed services under vice-presidents and assistant vice-presidents, directors Ben E. Lewis 1954-1966 and Fred Schwendiman 1966-1969)

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Student Auxiliary Services slides of the Missionary Training Center, 1976-1998

 Series — Carton: 2, Folder: 8
Identifier: UA 5595 Series 4
Scope and Contents Contains slides of the Missionary Training Center (MTC), including the cafeteria and its employees. Also includes slides of missionaries in the cafeteria and classes. Includes slides of the 1976 MTC groundbreaking and reception afterward, 1976-1998.
Dates: 1976-1998