Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Auxiliary Services

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1954-1969

Administrative History

Auxiliary Services (1954-1969) functioned to administrate over a variety of services provided by the university.

Auxiliary Services was created in 1954 in order to officiate over a large group of previously unincorporated university services including Farm Operations, Creamery, Laundry, Food Buying, Food Service, Photo Studio, Student Housing, University Press, Purchasing, Campus Planning, and Motion Picture Production. The organization existed until 1969 when the services were dispersed under the direction of various vice-presidents and assistant vice-presidents. Directors included: Ben E. Lewis (1954-1966) and Fred Schwendiman (1966-1969).

Citation

BYU organizational history project, Feb. 8, 2012: Brigham Young University. Auxiliary Services (1954-1969, unincorporated university services, Farm Operations, Creamery, Laundry, Food Buying, Food Service, Photo Studio, Student Housing, University Press, Purchasing, Campus Planning, Motion Picture Production, dispersed services under vice-presidents and assistant vice-presidents, directors Ben E. Lewis 1954-1966 and Fred Schwendiman 1966-1969)

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

General Services slides of landscapes, approximately 1970-1979

 Series — Carton: 2, Folder: 11
Identifier: UA 5595 Series 6
Scope and Contents Contains slides of various landscapes and student activities such as biking and hiking, circa 1970-1979.
Dates: approximately 1970-1979

General Services subject slides, 1974-1982

 Series — Carton: 1, Folder: 22-30
Identifier: UA 5595 Series 2
Scope and Contents Contans slides titled by subject relating to the Food Services and its derivatives. Includes slides on student events and activities as well as campus views, 1974-1982.
Dates: 1974-1982