Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Auxiliary Services

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1954-1969

Administrative History

Auxiliary Services (1954-1969) functioned to administrate over a variety of services provided by the university.

Auxiliary Services was created in 1954 in order to officiate over a large group of previously unincorporated university services including Farm Operations, Creamery, Laundry, Food Buying, Food Service, Photo Studio, Student Housing, University Press, Purchasing, Campus Planning, and Motion Picture Production. The organization existed until 1969 when the services were dispersed under the direction of various vice-presidents and assistant vice-presidents. Directors included: Ben E. Lewis (1954-1966) and Fred Schwendiman (1966-1969).

Citation

BYU organizational history project, Feb. 8, 2012: Brigham Young University. Auxiliary Services (1954-1969, unincorporated university services, Farm Operations, Creamery, Laundry, Food Buying, Food Service, Photo Studio, Student Housing, University Press, Purchasing, Campus Planning, Motion Picture Production, dispersed services under vice-presidents and assistant vice-presidents, directors Ben E. Lewis 1954-1966 and Fred Schwendiman 1966-1969)

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Student Auxiliary Services photographs and negatives

 Collection
Identifier: UA 5595
Scope and Contents Contains slides, photographs, and negatives of the Student Auxiliary Services and its earlier derivatives. Slides and photographs are of food services, the Brigham Young University campus, the Missionary Training Center, training materials, landscapes, as well as various general slides and photographs relating to the activities of the organization, approximately 1957-1999.
Dates: approximately 1957-1999