Brigham Young University. General Services
General Services (1972-1979) functioned to administrate over a variety of services offered by the university.
General Services was formed in 1972 in a reorganization of the earlier Auxiliary Special Services. The Assistant Vice-President for Business acted through General Services in order to administrate Agricultural Operations, Auxiliary Maintenance, Auxiliary Special Services, the BYU Bookstore, Food Services, and Purchasing. General Services was also responsible for providing management and skills training programs, necessary safety programs, and to coordinate food and housing needs for summer conferences, as well as coordinating university services to the Language Training Mission (1972-1979). In 1979 the department merged with Student Housing to form Housing and General Services.
Heads of the unit included Rulon G. Craven (1972) and Clyde Bair (1972-1979).
Citation:BYU organizational history project, Feb. 8, 2012: Brigham Young University. General Services (1972-1990, Auxiliary Special Services and Department of Housing combined, Assistant Vice-President for Business, administrate over Agricultural Operations, Auxiliary Maintenance, Auxiliary Special Services, the BYU Bookstore, Food Services, Purchasing, Director of Housing, management and skills training programs, safety programs, summer conference food and housing, Language Training Mission, 1972-1980, housing, Rulon G. Craven (1972), Clyde Bair (1972-1987), Delyle Barton (1987-1990), part of Student Auxiliary Services 1990)
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Annual report includes statistical reviews, reports, lists, and charts.
Collection contains correspondence, proposals for a new library information system, reports regarding conferences, invoices from conferences hosted by General Services, meeting minutes, employment applications, billing forms, newsletters, surveys, and subject files. Materials cover the period of 1957 to 1984.
Contains correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, photographs, newspapers and magazines concerning General Services dated 1966-1983.
Contains slides, photographs, and negatives of the Student Auxiliary Services and its earlier derivatives. Slides and photographs are of food services, the Brigham Young University campus, the Missionary Training Center, training materials, landscapes, as well as various general slides and photographs relating to the activities of the organization, approximately 1957-1999.