Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Department of Audio-Visual Communications

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1960-1966

Administrative History

The Department of Audio-Visual Communications (1960-1966) was part of Adult Education and Extension Services.

The Department of Audio-Visual Communications was created in 1960. Previously it was known as the Department of Audio-Visual Services. The department chairman was LeRoy L. Lindeman (1960-66). He was also in charge of the Audio-Visual Equipment Committee in at least 1963.

Citation

sites.lib.byu, via WWW, May 6, 2015 (Brigham Young University. Dept. of Audio-Visual Communications; created in 1960; previously Dept. of Audio-Visual Services; Dept. chair LeRoy L. Lindeman (1960-1966); also Audio-Visual Equipment Committee chair in 1963)

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Audio Visual Center chairman community education newsletters, 1961-1964

 Sub-Series — Box: J 4, Folder: 11-12
Identifier: UA 547 Series 9 Sub-Series 4
Scope and Contents note Contains Audio Visual newsletter and brochures. Dated from 1961 to 1964.
Dates: 1961-1964

Audio Visual Center chairman records, 1949-1966

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 547 Series 9
Scope and Contents Contains meeting minutes, correspondences, newsletters, films and filmstrips, financial reports, community education reports, and other records from when L. R. Lindeman was chairman of Audio Visual Center. Dated from 1949 to 1966.
Dates: 1949-1966