Brigham Young University. Department of Art and Design
- Existence: 1973 - 1981
The Department of Art and Design (1973-1981) was a department in the College of Fine Arts and Communications at Brigham Young University.
The Department of Art and Design was established in 1973 and was part of the College of Fine Arts and Communications. Those who served as Department Chairmen were: Douglas Stout (1973-1977) and Robert L. Marshall (1977-1981). In 1981 the department was split into two separate departments; namely, the Department of Art and the Department of Design.
A degree with emphasis on a professional specialty is offered to students to prepare them for a career in one of the disciplines of the arts. The Dept. of Art and Design offers four degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Master of Arts and Master of Fine Arts.
Citation:Brigham Young University Organizational History Project website, viewed Jul. 27, 2011 (Department of Art and Design; established 1973; College of Fine Arts and Communications; Department Chairmen: Douglas Stout (1973-1977) and Robert L. Marshall (1977-1981); department was split into the Department of Art and the Department of Design, 1981; offers four degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Master of Arts and Master of Fine Arts)
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Department of Art exhibit slides, 1955-1995
Contains exhibit slides of student art shows, faculty art shows, various galleries, Mormon Festival of Arts, and other Fine Arts exhibitions. Dated 1955-1995.
Department of Visual Arts faculty histories, 1959-2010
Contains files regarding employment of various faculty within the Visual Arts department. Files include letters of recommendation and endorsements for hiring. Files also contain resumes and lists of accomplishments. Contents also includes correspondence regarding advancement, funding, and termination. Included are funding forms, leave of absence forms, and research materials and findings. Dates range from 1959-2010.
Department of Visual Arts records
Contains award information and donation financial records from the Brigham Young University Department of Visual Arts, as well as exhibit slides, brochures, outlines, drawings, correspondence, and other materials concerning student and faculty fine arts exhibitions, galleries, and other exhibition records. Materials date from between 1955 and 2010.