Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Placement Bureau

 Organization

administrative history

The Placement Bureau existed from 1952 to 1961 and assisted with the placement of graduates and the employment of students.

The Placement Bureau was established in 1952 as a centralized organization to work with all college deans and department chairs of the University in the placement of graduates, as well as to provide a systematic and more effective service to students who needed and desired employment while attending school. The Placement Bureau developed and expanded from a part-time employment office and services that existed previously. In 1961, the Placement Bureau changed its name to the Placement Center. B. Keith Duffin was the director (1952-1961).

Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:

University Personnel Services documents and handbook, 1955-1986

 Series — Carton: 16
Identifier: UA 5437 Series 9
Scope and Contents Contains service awards; documents regarding Brigham Young University-Hawaii Campus, campus committees, Church Personnel Office, Commissioner's Office and Rick's College; and excerpts from the Human Resource Services handbook. Dated from 1955 and 1986.
Dates: 1955-1986

University Personnel Services personnel files and meeting minutes, 1968-1984

 Series — Carton: 10
Identifier: UA 5437 Series 5
Scope and Contents Contains personnel department files and minutes of Assistant Vice President personnel staff meetings. Dated from 1968-1984.
Dates: 1968-1984