Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Placement Bureau

 Organization

administrative history

The Placement Bureau existed from 1952 to 1961 and assisted with the placement of graduates and the employment of students.

The Placement Bureau was established in 1952 as a centralized organization to work with all college deans and department chairs of the University in the placement of graduates, as well as to provide a systematic and more effective service to students who needed and desired employment while attending school. The Placement Bureau developed and expanded from a part-time employment office and services that existed previously. In 1961, the Placement Bureau changed its name to the Placement Center. B. Keith Duffin was the director (1952-1961).

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Human Resource Services academic and administrative department records, 1982-2007

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 5437 Series 11
Scope and Contents Contains financial records, charts, budget reports, memoranda, and other records concerning academic and administrative departments on the Brigham Young University campus. Dated from 1982 to 2007.
Dates: 1982-2007