Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Placement Bureau

 Organization

administrative history

The Placement Bureau existed from 1952 to 1961 and assisted with the placement of graduates and the employment of students.

The Placement Bureau was established in 1952 as a centralized organization to work with all college deans and department chairs of the University in the placement of graduates, as well as to provide a systematic and more effective service to students who needed and desired employment while attending school. The Placement Bureau developed and expanded from a part-time employment office and services that existed previously. In 1961, the Placement Bureau changed its name to the Placement Center. B. Keith Duffin was the director (1952-1961).

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Human Resource Services records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 5437
Abstract This collection includes meeting minutes, correspondence, and reports of Brigham Young University Human Resource Services, 1955-2009.
Dates: 1955-2007

Placement Bureau records

 Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: UA 137
Scope and Contents Collection includes employment recommendations for students, primarily from the department of music, by the administration and faculty.
Dates: 1936