Brigham Young University. Center for Thermochemical Studies
The Center for Thermochemical Studies (1969-1976) was a research institute at Brigham Young University.
Basic and applied research programs were conducted at the center, with emphasis upon (1) thermochemical studies, (2) chemical studies, which focus upon the biological effects of trace metals. In 1976 its name was changed to the Thermochemical Institute.
Christensen, J. J. Handbook of heats of mixing, 1982: t.p. verso (Thermochemical Institute, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah)
Phone call to Brigham Young Univ. 10/1/82 (name changed in 1979 from Center for Thermochemical Studies to Thermochemical Institute)
Harold B.Libray, Organization History Project, via WWW, December 8, 2018 (1969-1976; 1976 Name change; Basic and applied research; emphasis thermochemical studies, and chemical studies; focus biological trace metals).
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Typed correspondence (some carbon copies) concerning conferences, research, publications, and equipment.
Documents the history of the departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Brigham Young University. Materials include memos, meeting minutes, Izatt's faculty portraits, and department reports related to the routine activities of both the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Department of Chemistry from 1961-2004.
Materials document Izatt's interactions with family, friends, and students. They include letters of recommendation, congratulations, condolences, and personal updates. Materials date from 1953 to 2009.
Materials include correspondence, clippings from research publications, and research notes related to the research of Izatt from 1950-2008. Materials focus on the research of Izatt on his various chemistry specialties and his correspondence with colleagues on research. Additional material includes correspondence related to Izatt's work and research at the Thermochemical Institute.