Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
An act in relation to Utah Library
Utah laws and a constitution
Handwritten laws and the "Constitution of the State of Deseret" dated 1849. The laws include an act relating to divorce, a resolution on judicial districts in Utah, policies relating to the water of Mill Creek Canyon and ferries in Idaho, and a statement of the expenses of locating government in Utah. The items were signed by important Utah politicians including Brigham Young, Willard Richards, and William W. Phelps.
W. W. Phelps, Willard Richards, and Brigham Young legal act
Handwritten legislative act from Utah dated March 1, 1852. The item is signed by W. W. Phelps, Willard Richards, and Brigham Young. The act declares it to be unlawful to "use with disrespect the name of the deity," use unnecessary cruelty upon animals, and to be intoxicated in public. The item also declares that the breaking of these laws is to be punishable by a monetary fine or by a period of hard labor.
Handwritten legal answer filed on Sept. 4, 1871. The answer is part of a law suit with Sarah Ann Cooke as plaintiff and Brigham Young as defendant. The document is signed by Young and involves monetary debts.
Brigham Young and Orson Pratt legal answer to John C. McIntosh
Handwritten legal answer. This item is an answer by Brigham Young and Orson Pratt to a complaint by John C. McIntosh. The document is signed by Orson Pratt but not by Brigham Young.
Legal instruments relating to Mormons in Utah
W. W. Phelps, Willard Richards, and Brigham Young legislative act
Handwritten and signed legislative act in relation to road tax and supervision. The act is signed by W. W. Phelps, Willard Richards, and Brigham Young.
Oath for a Woman in Territory of Utah form
Printed form, Form of Oath for a Woman in Territory of Utah, for swearing she was not a bigamist or involved in any polygamous relationship. Form blank, printed for 188-.
Parley P. Pratt legal act
Handwritten act signed by Parley P. Pratt appropriating funds to the University of Deseret.
Utah Territory certificates of acknowledgement
The collection contains printed and handwritten certificates from 1891-1892. The materials are official items issued by the Territory of Utah and acknowledge the existence of the Reed Hotel Company and the Salt Lake and Wyoming Railroad Company.
- Laws 6
- Politics, Government, and Law 5
- Civil Procedure and Courts 4
- Law -- Utah -- History 4
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Utah -- Economic conditions 2
- Animal welfare -- Utah -- History 1
- Bills 1
- Blasphemy -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Bonds 1
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce 1
- Certificates 1
- Church Government 1
- Church and state -- Mormon Church -- History 1
- City Planning 1
- City and Town Life 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Consecration -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Conveyancing -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Deeds 1
- Drunkenness (Criminal law) -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Education 1
- Forms (Law) 1
- Government libraries -- History -- Utah 1
- Hotels -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Law -- Utah 1
- Libraries -- Utah -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Biography 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Utah 1
- Railroads 1
- Railroads -- Utah -- History 1
- Railroads -- Wyoming -- History -- Sources 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- Religion 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Stock ownership -- Utah -- History 1
- Taxation -- Law and legislation -- Utah 1
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- History 1
- Utah 1
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1
- Utah -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1 + ∧ less