Skip to main content

Provo Utah Temple

 Organization

Administrative History

The Provo Utah Temple (1972-) is a temple operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

The Provo Utah Temple was announced on August 14, 1967, and its groundbreaking was held on September 15, 1969. It was dedicated on February 9, 1972 in the largest temple dedication in the church's history. Seventy thousand people attended through broadcasts held across Brigham Young University campus.

The temple was the sixth temple in Utah and the first in Utah County. Today it is one of the church's busiest temples.

Citation

LDS Church Temples, via WWW, Oct. 15, 2014 (Provo Utah LDS; Announced 14 August 1967; groundbreaking 15 September 1969; dedicated 9 February 1972; 70,000 attended through satellite services across Brigham Young University campus; largest temple dedication in the church's history to that point; sixth temple in Utah; first temple in Utah County; one of the church's busiest temples)

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Harold Glen Clark transcripts of diaries, 1902-1979

 Series — Carton: 5, Folder: 9-28
Identifier: MSS 7959 Series 5
Scope and Contents Contains printed transcripts of diaries, letters, and other materials created by Harold Glen Clark. The transcripts were created by Clark's children. The majority of the transcripts are from Clark's diaries, while others are categorized by subjects, including his mission to Sri Lanka, temple work, and photographs taken from the collections. Materials dated 1902 to 1979.
Dates: 1902-1979