Skip to main content

Brigham Young University. Department of Instructional Science

 Organization

administrative history

Citation

BYU Organizational History website, via WWW, Apr. 2, 2014 (Department of Instructional Science; formed in 1986 in reorganization of Department of Curriculum and Instructional Science; under administration of College of Education; provided instruction in educational research, evaluation, measurement, instructional design, and materials production; offered master's and Ph.D. degrees; chair: Paul F. Merrill (1986-1988); reorganized as the Department of Instructional Psychology and Technology under the David O. McKay School of Education)

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Department of Curriculum Instructional Science records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1375
Scope and Contents Collection contains files on children who attended preschool in the Provo area, as well as the Grant Von Harrison professional files (files related to education and learning).
Dates: 1968-1984

Department of Instructional Science records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 5392
Overview Collection contains records of the Department of Instructional Psychology and Technology from 1979 to 1986. Included in the records are course notes, class readings, subject files, project files, and a few unidentified slides.
Dates: 1955-1982

Department of Instructional Science records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1310
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two series. The first series contains information about the Dept. of Instructional Science. Reports, evaluations, self-studies, accreditations, research articles, and missionary research data are included. The second series consists of oversized materials, namely audiocassettes and miscellaneous electronic equipment.
Dates: 1964-1998

Department of Instructional Science records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1253
Scope and Contents Collection contains information pertaining to the Reading Program administered in elementary schools around Utah County.
Dates: 1982