Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Printed item commemorating the founding of the New England Women's Club. The item was hand addressed to Mrs. Mary J. Judah and signed by the president of the club, Julia Ward Howe, in November 1892. The item includes all five verses of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and an account by Mrs. Howe of how she came to write the poem.
Handwritten and signed letter to a colleague thanking him for tickets to a lecture.
Photocopies of newspaper clippings. The items are either by Dorland or about her and her work. Some of the materials deal with Dorland's interest in the career and grave of the American writer, Washington Irving (1783-1859).
Handwritten and signed letter addressed to Philip A. Heardwick, describing Gregg's home and personal life in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Handwritten letter sent to the newspaper offices that printed a column known as "The Office Window." The letter is dated March 22, 1928 and was written in Indianapolis, Indiana. Also included is a photocopy of the newspaper article dated Feb. 25, 1928. The news piece was somewhat critical of Halliburton and his adventures. Halliburton wrote to thank the editors for the publicity and to correct the things said about him.
Handwritten and signed note reading: "Blindness has its wonders too; its visions unconfined."
Handwritten and signed poems and note. The poems are titled "Tacking," "Mea Culpa," and "A Vesper Song."
Sale catalogs and circulars, exhibition announcements, prints of Russell's art works, news and magazine articles and clippings, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to Russell's career as an artist. They document how some of his art work was marketed and published.
- Authors, American -- Biography 9
- Letters 6
- Literature 6
- Articles 2
- Diplomats -- United States -- Biography -- Sources 2
- Novelists, American -- Biography 2
- Women authors, American -- Biography 2
- American poetry -- 19th century 1
- Announcements 1
- Art -- United States -- Exhibitions -- History 1
- Art publishing-United States -- History 1
- Art, American -- History 1
- Artists -- United States -- Biography 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Blindness 1
- Catalogs 1
- Explorers -- United States -- Biography 1
- Fiction -- Technique 1
- Fine Arts 1
- Journalism 1
- Louisiana -- History -- 1803-1865 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon women -- Biography 1
- Music 1
- Newspapers 1
- Poetry 1
- Prints 1
- Publications 1
- Women poets, American -- Biography 1 ∧ less
- Aylesworth, Barton Orville, 1860-1933 1
- Browne, J. Ross (John Ross), 1821-1875 1
- Dorland, Byrl Brown 1
- Gregg, Josiah, 1806-1850 1
- Halliburton, Richard, 1900-1939 1