Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 133
Abstract Collection includes published and handwritten unpublished musical selections written and arranged by Brigham Young University faculty members.
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 2944
Scope and Contents Written by the president of Brigham Young University to a student, enclosing a copy of the school pep song, "Alma Pater." He encourages her to promote the university to her friends. One sheet of the "Alma Pater" music is torn. Also includes a more complete photocopy of the pep song. The name of the author of the lyrics to "Alma Pater," Glen S. Potter, is written in ink on the first page of the printed sheet music.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 299
Scope and Contents Indian opera productions composed by Hanson, musical scores, research material, and scrapbooks and photos based on ceremonies and music of the Ute Indians of Colorado and Utah. Operas included are: "Sun Dance," produced in New York City, 1938, "Bear Dance," and "The Bleeding Heart," a white man's fantasy of an imaginary Indian people who lived at the base of Mount Timpanogos in Utah.
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Education 1
- Letters 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music -- History and criticism 1
- Musicians -- Utah -- History 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Ute Indians 1 ∧ less
- Brigham Young University. Department of Music 2
- Brigham Young University. English Department 1
- Hanson, William F. (William Frederick), 1887-1969 1
- Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Archives and Manuscripts 1
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960 1