A. Dean Larsen Book Collecting Conference records
Scope and Contents
- A. Dean Larsen Book Collecting Conference (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
The Gentle Madness of Book Collecting Conference was a two-day conference on rare books and book collecting at Brigham Young University. Held in 2003, the conference was renamed the following year as the A. Dean Larsen Book Collecting Conference.
Following the 2003 conference, the Gentle Madness of Book Collecting Conference was renamed the A. Dean Larsen Book Collecting Conference. The conference is held annually and is open to book collectors and book lovers alike. Each conference features a collection as a theme, a keynote speaker, and various seminars and workshops.
With the completion of new facilities in 1999, the Department of Special Collections & Manuscripts was renamed the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Library. Aline and L. Sam Skaggs, through their ALSAM Foundation, had made a generous financial donation to the new library and requested that the Special Collections be named after L. Tom Perry, an apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The department is responsible for collecting, preserving, and making available rare books, historical manuscripts, and university records. Department chairs have included Scott Duvall (1999-2002), P. Bradford Westwood (2002-2009), and Russ Taylor (2009- ).
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
1 oversize folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; March 2012.
Transferred; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; March 2013.
Transferred; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; March 2014.
Transferred; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; March 2015.
Processed; Dani Peterson; 2012.
Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; 2013.
Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; 2014.
Processed; Erin Owens; 2015.
- Register of A. Dean Larsen Book Collecting Conference records
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 24
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- 2012 April 12: Addendum made, series added; Dani Peterson; April 12, 2012;
- 2013 September 23: Updated for DACS compliance by Sarah Flinders on September 23, 2013.
- 2013 October 2: Addendum made October 2, 2013
- 2015 April 2: Addendum added; Erin Owens; April 2, 2015.
- 2014 March 24: Addendum added; March 24, 2014.