William Thomas outlaw biographies
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and typed stories of the two authors' personal associations with criminals. One account, by Thomas, describes his associations with Calamity Jane and James Layton Gilmore. The other, by Davies, narrates his encounters with outlaws such as Sam Bass and Joel Collins.
- Thomas, William (Person)
- Davies, Sam (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Thomas outlaw biographies must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 item (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Bass, Sam, 1851-1878
- Brigands and robbers -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Calamity Jane, 1852-1903
- Collins, Joel, -1877
- Gilmore, James Layton
- Material Types
- Outlaws -- United States -- History -- Sources
- West (U.S.) -- History -- 1848-1860
- West (U.S.) -- History -- 1860-1890
- West (U.S.) -- History -- 1890-1945
- Register of the William Thomas outlaw biographies
- Patsy Shin Hernandez
- 2010 August 3
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States