Joseph Young letters
Scope and Contents
Holograph letters addressed to Lewis Harvey dated 16 Nov. and 18 Nov. 1880. Young tells about his conversion to the Mormon Church and baptism into that faith in 1832. He also tells about his dealing with the Mormon prophet, Joseph Smith (1805-1844); about the Mormon Church in Kirtland, Ohio in the 1830s; and about the organizing of the Seven Presidents of the Seventies by Joseph Smith in 1835.
- Young, Joseph, 1797-1881 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Young letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Member of the Seven Presidents of the Seventies (1835-1881) for the Mormon Church and brother of the Mormon prophet, Brigham Young (1801-1877).
2 items (6 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated by Chad Flake in 1978.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Chad Flake; 1978.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Ohio--Kirtland--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History--19th century
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. First Council of the Seventy -- History
- Material Types
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Register of Joseph Young letters
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 July 28
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.