Letter, Great Salt Lake City [Utah], to Rose Canfield, Weber [Utah]
Scope and Contents
Addressed to a teacher in Weber County. Mentions his early knowledge that God had a use for him and comments on the relative worth of being practical-minded and having book learning. Encourages practical education. He notes that he wrote the letter "with my own hand". Typed transcript included.
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Microfilm copy is open without restriciton. Access to original materials with permission from the supervisor of reference services.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letter, Great Salt Lake City [Utah], to Rose Canfield, Weber [Utah] must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Second president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon).
1 item ((2 p.) : photocopy of ms. ; 22 x 28 cm. + transcript. Also on microfilm.)
Purchased from Cosmic Aeroplane in 1984.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Cosmic Aeroplane; 1984.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Canfield, Rose (Rosalthe), 1841-1931
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Education--History
- Education -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- Correspondence
- Register of Letter, Great Salt Lake City [Utah], to Rose Canfield, Weber [Utah]
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 September 29
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.