Post Office Department records
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of handwritten mail records and schedules of service from Salt Lake City, Utah, to Placerville, California. The materials include information on the Pony Express. Includes 4 items.
- United States. Post Office Department (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Post Office Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder (0.06 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Placerville (Calif.) -- History -- Sources
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Pony express -- History
- Postal service -- California -- Placerville -- History -- Sources
- Postal service -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Postal service -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History -- Sources
- Public Utilities
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Schedules (Time plans)
- Register of Post Office Department records
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2011 April 26
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States