William Minshall Evans papers
Scope and Contents
Handwritten poems and songs. Also included is a biography of Evans written by his granddaughter, Grace McLachlan Foxley, in 1940. The dating of the songs and poems is uncertain. At least one was written when Evans was on his mission in Liverpool, England.
- Evans, William Minshall (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Poems, songs, and a biography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon pioneer and song writer who served on a mission for the Mormon Church in England from 1875 to 1876.
24 items (55 pages)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- American poetry -- 19th century
- American poetry -- 20th century
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--England--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Hymns--History and criticism
- Evans, William Minshall
- Mormon pioneers -- Biography
- Mormons -- Poetry
- Register of Poems, songs, and a biography
- Rose Frank
- 20 April 2011
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.