John Thompson autobiography
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a handwritten autobiography. Also included are two typescripts of the item, a biographical sketch of Thompson, and family genealogy. Thompson was born in England and migrated to Utah in 1862. He settled in Logan and later in Clarkston, Utah. He mentions meeting Martin Harris, one of the witnesses to the authenticity of the Book of Mormon.
- approximately 1872
- Thompson, John, 1852-1922 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
5 items (1 folder)
19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts.
- Clarkston (Utah) -- History
- Harris, Martin, 1783-1875
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Latter Day Saint pioneers -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Clarkston -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Genealogy
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Logan -- History
- Logan (Utah) -- History
- Thompson, John, 1852-1922
- Register of John Thompson autobiography
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 31
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.