Provo Women's Club House records
Scope and Contents
Contains one record book and two copies each of two letters addressed to unspecified club presidents. The record book covers meeting minutes for the Provo Women's Club House from 1925 to 1933 and the letters report the results of two of those meetings. Common topics are the financial matters of the organization, which was plagued with indebtedness very early in its history, and discussion centered on how the various clubs using the Club House would contribute to financing the facilities. Potential rental revenue and multiple fundraising initiatives were also regularly discussed.
- Provo Women's Club House (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Records of the Provo Women's Club House must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
The Provo Women's Club House (1925-1933) was a meetingplace for women's associations in Provo, Utah.
The Provo Women's Club House was to be the meetingplace of members from three local clubs that regularly used the Club House: The Municipal Council, Nineteenth Century Club, and Sorosis Club. It began that function in April 1925, when the building was given the name of the Provo Women's Club House. Representatives of each of the patron clubs were selected to form an Executive Board and Board of Control, created in May 1925. The Board of Control directed the use of the Club House, oversaw building maintenance, and was responsible for raising the necessary funds to preserve possession of the building.
In May 1933 the Nineteenth Century Club withdrew from patrial ownership and participation in the Club House. The records end abruptly in October 1933, following discussion of closing the Club House for the winter months because of continued indebtedness and the cost of heating the building.
2 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Found in the stacks in 2007.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Found in stacks; 2007.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Processed, Lindsay Larson, 19th Century Manuscripts Processor and John M. Murphy, Curator, 2007.
Edited for DACS compliance, Abe Austin, 2012.
- Register of the Provo Women's Club House records
- Lindsay Larson and John M. Murphy, curator
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.