Orval C. Harrison legislative papers
Scope and Contents note
Collection consists of the legislative papers of Harrison from his service in the Utah House of Representatives. Includes memorandums, meeting minutes, correspondence, newspaper clippings, magazines, journals, statistical reports, papers, legislative reports, budget books, and campaign materials dating from 1965 to 1985.
- Harrison, Orval C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Orval C. Harrison legislative papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Orval C. Harrison (b. 1940) is an attorney, politician, and engineer in Utah.
Orval C. Harrison earned his B.S. in civil engineering from the University of Wyoming in 1962. He worked as an engineering employee for the Wyoming Highway Department during the summers from 1958 to 1965. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan in 1965, and then, after passing the bar in 1966, he began to practice law in Salt Lake City, Utah. In 1977, he began to serve as representative-elect of the Utah House of Representatives, where he served until 1984. Harrison is an attorney in Salt Lake City, and has written on the law.
12 cartons (12 linear ft.)
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
The Orval C. Harrison legislative papers consist of the legislative papers of Orval C. Harrison while he served in the Utah State House of Representatives from 1965-1985.
Other Finding Aids note
More detailed finding aid available in repository upon request.
Custodial History note
Donated by Orval C. Harrison in 1988.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Donated; Orval C. Harrison; 1988.
Utah political history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.I, August 2007).
Processing Information note
Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Register of Orval C. Harrison legislative papers
- Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- 21 August 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Box: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)