Caroline Barnes Crosby autobiography and diary
Scope and Contents
These materials were photocopied from microfilm copies of handwritten items. Caroline Crosby wrote about her early life in Massachusetts and Canada. She married Jonathan Crosby in 1834. She was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 1835. She lived in Kirtland, Ohio, and later moved to Indiana. Caroline came to Nauvoo, Illinois, in 1843. She later migrated to Utah in 1848. Caroline and her husband were called to the Society Islands as missionaries in 1850 and arrived in Tahiti that fall. She returned to San Francisco, California, in 1854 and settled in San Bernardino. She left the city when it was abandoned by the Mormons in 1857-58. She settled in Beaver, Utah, in 1858 and wrote about her life there. Also included is an autobiography by Jonathan Crosby.
- Crosby, Jonathan (Person)
- Crosby, Caroline Barnes, 1807-1884 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Autobiography and a diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 boxes (10 linear in.)
These items were photocopied from the 920 microfilm collection, reel 31.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Beaver (Utah) -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Tahiti--History
- Crosby, Caroline Barnes, 1807-1884
- Crosby, Jonathan
- Kirtland (Ohio) -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Mormon women -- Biography
- Mormon women -- Diaries
- Mormons -- California -- History
- Mormons -- French Polynesia -- Tahiti (Island) -- History
- Mormons -- Indiana -- History
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History
- Register of Autobiography and a diary
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 22
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States