George Shepherd Taylor diaries
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diaries in ten volumes with a book of missionary expenses. Also included are a printed copy of the New Testament in the Maori language and a printed "ready reference" book of scriptures often used by Mormon missionaries in both English and Maori. Taylor writes about his daily activities in leading the mission.
- Taylor, George Shepherd, 1860-1924 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
President of the New Zealand Mission for the Mormon Church.
13 v. (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Bible. New Testament -- Versions, Maori
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--New Zealand--History
- Electronic books
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- New Zealand -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- New Zealand -- History
- Maori language
- Missions and Missionaries
- Taylor, George Shepherd, 1860-1924 -- Diaries
- Register of George Shepherd Taylor diaries
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 February 28
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.