Scope and Contents
Photocopies of handwritten letters dated 3 Jan. 1882 and 6 Dec. 1883. John T. Caine and George Q. Cannon write of the death of William Henry Hooper in the 1882 letter, and James Sharp writes to Caine about how the activities of the United States Congress might have an impact on Utah in the missive of 1883.
- Sharp, James, 1843-1904 (Person)
- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901 (Person)
- Caine, John T. (John Thomas), 1829-1911 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon and Utah politician who served as Utah's fourth delegate to the United States Congress.
2 items (3 p.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Register of Correspondence
- Rose Frank
- 11 March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.