Skip to main content

Children's Literature records, 1975-1994

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 6139 Series 2

Scope and Contents

Contains records related to the Children's Literature conference as well as information on the Children's Literature Association.


  • 1975-1994


Conditions Governing Access

Open for public research.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Lillian H. Heil papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

The College of Education began as the Church Teachers College, which then became the School of Education. In 1921, newly appointed President Harris created the College of Education from the School of Education. The College of Education was accredited by the Utah State Board of Education in 1921. This insured that graduates would not have to take any special examination to teach in Utah. The college had two divisions: academic department and training schools. Students could major in education or major in teaching from any other department. The college continued to grow, and during the 1930s and 1940s the college enrolled approximately 20 percent of all students attending BYU. In 1954 the college moved into the David O. McKay building and by 1998 the College of Education had become the David O. McKay School of Education.


2 cartons

Language of Materials