Arthur Mastick Hyde political papers, 1910-1958
Scope and Contents
This series contains various documents and materials that relate to Arthur Mastick Hyde's political career. This includes speeches, speech cards, notes, correspondence, memos, issues of the "Republican Times", news clippings, files by topic, scrapbooks, and other materials. These items are from Hyde's campaigns for Governor of Missouri, his time as Governor of Missouri, and the time he spent as the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture. They cover the main issues and people that Hyde dealt with in his time in each of those positions. Many of the speeches were given as he was campaigning for Governor of Missouri and as he spoke at different events and conferences as Governor and as the Secretary of Agriculture.
- Hyde, Arthur Mastick, 1877-1947 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Arthur Mastick Hyde collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Arthur Mastick Hyrde (1877-1947) was the Governor of Missouri and U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
Arthur Mastick Hyde was born in Princeton, Missouri, on July 12, 1877. He is primarily known for being an American Republican politician who served as Governor of Missouri and U.S. Secretary of Agriculture. He graduated from the University of Michigan where he joined The Delta Upsilon Fraternity. He later became a lawyer and served as the Governor of Missouri from 1921 to 1925. During his first month as Governor, Hyde recommended extensive reorganization of state government by regrouping responsibilities into a few departments. Later he served as the Secretary of Agriculture under President Herbert Hoover. He died in New York City following cancer surgery on October 17, 1947.
1 oversize box
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids note
The repository has a preliminary inventory.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- City and Town Life
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Hyde, Arthur Mastick, 1877-1947
- Material Types
- Missouri -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Missouri. Governor (1921-1925 : Hyde)
- Political Campaigns
- Political Campaigns -- Missouri
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Social Life and Customs
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Carton: 45 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 23 (Text)
- Carton: 20 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 48, Folder: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Text)
- Carton: 26 (Text)
- Carton: 28, Folder: 4-10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Text)
- Carton: 52 (Text)
- Carton: 13 (Text)
- Carton: 37 (Text)
- Carton: 47 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 40 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 24 (Text)
- Carton: 32, Folder: 1-8, 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 33, Folder: 1-11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 34 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 46 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 14 (Text)
- Carton: 55, Folder: 1-8 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 56 (Mixed Materials)