G. Stanley McAllister personal and ecclesiastical papers, 1943-1977
Scope and Contents
Contains the personal and ecclesiastical papers of G. Stanley McAllister. These include letters, blueprints, newsletters, and other ephemera regarding his church service, his career, and his work with the World Fair.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the G. Stanley McAllister papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
G. Stanley McAllister (1900-1970) was a Mormon business and ecclesiastical leader in New York.
G. Stanley McAllister was born February 10, 1900 to George Stanley McAllister and Helen Janette (Nettie) Maeser in Salt Lake City, Utah. On September 1, 1926, he married Donnette Kesler in Salt Lake City. When Donnette passed away in 1949, the couple was living in Manhattan, New York. G. Stanley McAllister worked as an executive of CBS, a Vice President and General Manager of Lord and Taylor Department Store in New York City, and later the Vice President of their parent company, Associated Dry Goods Corporation. He had also served in the United States Army. On October 10, 1951, he married Adelaide Neilson. Stanley also served as the President of the New York Stake for many years. During his time as stake president, he helped to organize the Mormon Pavilion Exhibit at the World Fair in New York. He died June 20, 1970 in Manhattan, New York.
1 oversize box
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
More detailed finding aid available in the repository upon request.
- Carton: 6, Folder: 1-15 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7, Folder: 1-5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8, Folder: 1-5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 9, Folder: 1-4, 8-10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10, Folder: Folders 1, 4-13 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 11, Folder: 2, 8-10 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 1, Folder: 1, 4, 9-11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2, Folder: 3,4,7,20-22,30-34 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3, Folder: 1-10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4, Folder: 1-11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5, Folder: 1-13 (Mixed Materials)