Arab Development Society scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook of the Arab Development Society, illustrating their facilities and activities around 1970. Includes black and white photographs of vegetation, poultry, cattle, Biblical sites, and school life of the orphans.
- approximately 1970
- Arab Development Society (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
The Arab Development Society (ADS) was established in 1945 by Palenstinian leader Musa Bey Alami. Located near Jericho, the ADS provides education and vocational training for Arab youth. Their operations are largely financed by their dairy operations, including yogurt and cheese production. Brigham Young University provided a donation of cattle to ADS in 1961.
1 oversize box (1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Found in the stacks, January 2009.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Found; University Archivist; January 2009. Gift of Ernest L. Wilkinson.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Processed; Kayla Quinney; January 2009.
- Register of Arab Development Society scrapbook
- Kayla Quinney
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- 2009 May 28: Updated for DACS and subject compliance by Cory Nimer.