Physical Plant Department collection of campus facilities histories
Scope and Contents
Contains multiple scrapbooks/building histories documenting the history of the physical facilities of Brigham Young University up through the 1980s. The collection also contains a few newspaper clippings concerning the Physical Plant Department from 1978-2004. Many of the items were produced by Ephraim Hatch.
- Brigham Young University. Physical Plant Department (collector, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Physical Plant Department collection of campus facilities histories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
Brigham Young Academy was founded in 1875 and became a university in 1903 under President Benjamin Cluff. The university now boasts approximately 30,000 students from fifty states and 100 countries. The Physical Plant Department is responsible for the programming, planning, construction, and maintenance of facilities to provide the best possible environment for the campus community.
7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Retained in original order. "A History of the Brigham Young University Campus and the Department of Physical Plant" is abbreviated as "Pictorial History of Campus" in Boxes 1 and 2 and is organized by presidential administration. The volume pertaining to Franklin S. Harris is a photocopy as is one of the volumes titled "Survey of Physical Plant Dept."
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1216.xml
Transferred from the Physical Plant Department., October 2005.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; Physical Plant Department; 2005.
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; October 2005.
- Register of the Physical Plant Department collection of campus facilities histories
- J. Gordon Daines III
- October 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008