Publications and Graphics pamphlets collection
Scope and Contents
Contains pamphlets, booklets, newsletters, and posters, most of which are about Brigham Young University. Subjects include new student information, clubs, honor code, housing, study abroad, colleges and departments, campus services, and newsletters.
- Brigham Young University. Publications and Graphics (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Publications and Graphics pamphlets collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Graphics Department functioned as a mini art department under the Educational Media Services Department until it became a part of the University Press in 1967. That same year, the Publications and Graphics Department began publishing books, monographs, and periodicals. Today, the department still functions in these capacities, as well as educating and regulating how the BYU logos are used. Their website provides authorized templates for proper logo use.
6 boxes (3 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Collected and donated by Judy Garvin.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Brigham Young University.
Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Brigham Young University. Department of Conferences and Workshops
- Brigham Young University. Department of Independent Study Programs
- Brigham Young University. Residence Life
- Colleges and Universities
- Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Archives and Manuscripts
- M.L. Bean Museum
- Register of Publications and Graphics pamphlets collection
- In Progress
- Rose Frank
- 2011 September 9
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.