Skip to main content

Physical Plant Department records on the Motion Picture Studio, 1955-1973

 Sub-Series — Carton: 25, Folder: 31-41
Identifier: UA 1330 Series 3 Sub-Series 36

Scope and Contents

Contains program requirements and records on Paulsen Construction, sound stage roof structure, roof and truss structure, Hoffman C. Hughes, Dixon and Long, studio remodeling, sound stage buildings, and payments, 1955-1973.

Dates

  • 1955-1973

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Physical Plant Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

The Physical Plant Department (1954- ) functions to coordinate the building and grounds maintenance of Brigham Young University.

The Physical Plant Department, previously the Department of Buildings and Grounds, was established in 1954. The Physical Plant functions under the Physical Facilities Division and is responsible for maintaining university utilities, overseeing engineering and construction, maintaining the grounds, maintaining the buildings (including custodial services), overseeing transportation services, and administering to campus projects. Directors of the department have included Leland M. Perry (1954-1957), Sam F. Brewster (1957-1974), Fred A. Schwendiman (1974), Harold J. Anderson (1979-1986), Douglas Christensen (1986-1990), and Scott Briggs (1990- ).

Extent

11 folders

Language of Materials

English