College of Family Living publicity records, 1952-1956
Scope and Contents
Collection of newspaper clippings, articles, and other publicity materials concerning the Heritage Halls buildings, growth and building program, and overall campus plan, 1952-1956.
- Brigham Young University. College of Family Living (creator, Organization)
- Cutler, Virginia F., 1905-1993 (contributor, Person)
- Porter, Blaine R. (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the College of Family Living records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The College of Family Living was organized to prepare students for homemaking, professions relating to homemaking, and to strengthen and enrich family life within their communities. The College changed its name from the College of Applied Science in 1954 and then became the College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences in 1981. The College of Family Living was the administering body for the following departments: Clothing and Textiles, Economics and Management of the Home, Food and Nutrition, Homemaking Education, Housing Design, Human Development and Family Relationships, Housing and Home Management, Family Life Education, Child Development and Family Relationships, Home Economics Education, Environmental Design, Family Economics and Home Management, Food Science and Nutrition, Interior Design, Family Studies, Interior Environment, and Family Resource Management. The college was administered by a director during its first year of operation and the a dean under the direction of the university president in the following years.
Language of Materials