Skip to main content

Physical Plant Department records on the James E. Talmage Mathematical Sciences/Computer Building, 1969-1970

 Sub-Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1330 Series 3 Sub-Series 52

Scope and Contents

Contains specifications, program requirements, bidding records, change of orders, schedules, building plans, and records on concrete and compact, engineering, final inspection, insurance and bonds, job instructions, keying, lien waivers, permits, progress estimates, radio graphs, soil investigation, and time extension, 1969-1970.

Dates

  • 1969-1970

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Physical Plant Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

The Physical Plant Department (1954- ) functions to coordinate the building and grounds maintenance of Brigham Young University.

The Physical Plant Department, previously the Department of Buildings and Grounds, was established in 1954. The Physical Plant functions under the Physical Facilities Division and is responsible for maintaining university utilities, overseeing engineering and construction, maintaining the grounds, maintaining the buildings (including custodial services), overseeing transportation services, and administering to campus projects. Directors of the department have included Leland M. Perry (1954-1957), Sam F. Brewster (1957-1974), Fred A. Schwendiman (1974), Harold J. Anderson (1979-1986), Douglas Christensen (1986-1990), and Scott Briggs (1990- ).

Extent

34 folders

Language of Materials

English