Audio-visual materials on Brigham Young University
Scope and Contents
Contains videotapes from sporting events, cassette tapes of lecture series and other speeches, as well as film from other university events such as the Women' Science Workshop, university forums, and the Annual University Conference. Also includes master tapes of many different films such as Johnny Lingo, church history, and other films from Brigham Young University. Dated from 1957 to 1999.
- Brigham Young University (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
Brigham Young University (1903- ) is a university sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Provo, Utah. Brigham Young University was established in 1903 in a renaming of Brigham Young Academy. Past and present Brigham Young University presidents include George H. Brimhall (1903-1921), Franklin S. Harris (1921-1945), Howard S. McDonald (1945-1949), (acting president) Christian Jensen (1949-1951), Ernest L. Wilkinson (1951-1971), Dallin H. Oaks (1971-1980), Jeffrey R. Holland (1980-1989), Rex E. Lee (1989-1995), Merrill J. Bateman (1996-2003), Cecil O. Samuelson (2003-2014), and Kevin J. Worthen (2014- ). Brigham Young University is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as part of the Church Educational System (CES). The university is governed by a Board of Trustees, which, since 1939, has consisted of the First Presidency of the Church as well as other General Authorities or general officers of the Church appointed by the First Presidency. The Board of Trustees provides general direction and oversees the formulation of broad policies as well as the approval of all executive leadership and faculty appointments at the university. The Board of Trustees delegates to the University President the responsibility to conduct the operations of the institution and administer the policies enacted by the board. The President serves as the chief executive officer and general manager of the University. Since 1996, the President of the university has also been a General Authority of the Church. Brigham Young University has grown from a small academy to one of the world's largest private universities. Sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU offers a unique educational environment that promotes learning by study and also by faith.
18 cartons (22.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA996.xml
This collection was found in the workroom. Five additional cartons were identified and transferred to University Archives in March 2015.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; University Archives; March 2015.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Processed; J. Gordon Daines III and Natalie Clark; 2002.
Processed; Erin Owens; 2015.
- Register of Audio-visual materials on Brigham Young University
- J. Gordon Daines III and Natalie Clark
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- 2015 April 7: Addendum (five cartons) added; Erin Owens.
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 15 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 16 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 17 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 18 (Mixed Materials)