College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences printed materials
Scope and Contents
Contains printed materials of the departments of geology, computer science, chemistry, math, physics and astronomy, and statistics. Includes department minutes, newsletters, course materials, reports, addresses, and manuals.
- Brigham Young University. College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences printed materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Brigham Young University College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences was established in 1973 in a split of the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences. The college is responsible for the administration of the instructional departments within its subject area.
6 boxes (3 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Arranged into eight series: 1. Department of Geology printed materials, 1955-1975. 2. Department of Computer Science printed materials, 1953-1975. 3. Department of Chemistry printed materials, 1964-1988. 4. Department of Mathematics printed materials, 1963-1978. 5. Department of Physics and Astronomy printed materials, 1959-1975. 6. Department of Statistics printed materials, 1963-1980. 7. High Pressure Data Center printed materials, 1968-1978. 8. College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences general printed materials, 1955-1977.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA659.xml
This collection was originally PM 10, part of the Printed Matter collection in the Archives. A vertical file of sorts, PM 10 was designated as static, and was processed as a permanent collection in October, 1992.
Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Register of the College of Physical and Math Sciences records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Box: 1/6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2/6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3/6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4/6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5/6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6/6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2/14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3/14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4/14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5/14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6/14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7/14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8/14 (Mixed Materials)