Graduate Department of Library and Information Sciences records
Scope and Contents
Contains correspondence, a copy of the BYU Library Centennial history, and notes from the director of the department, Hattie Knight.
- Brigham Young University. Graduate Department of Library and Information Sciences (creator, Organization)
- Knight, Hattie M. (Hattie Madsen), 1908-1976 (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Graduate Department of Library and Information Sciences records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Arranged in two series: 1. Graduate Department of Library and Information Sciences correspondence, 1964-1973. 2. Hattie M. Knight papers on library history, approximately 1975.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA582.xml
Transferred by the Graduate Department of Library and Information Sciences.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; Graduate Department of Library & Information Sciences.
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Processed; James Cloward.
- Register of Graduate Department of Library and Information Sciences records
- James Cloward
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008