College of Humanities records
Scope and Contents
Includes correspondence, memoranda, faculty load reports, budget reports, curriculum, catalog material, registration, scholarship and fellowship information. Also includes information concerning various departments, data processing reports, college enrollment and grades, and faculty personnel files.
- Brigham Young University. College of Humanities (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. College of Humanities and Social Sciences (creator, Organization)
- Hansen, George H. (George Henry), 1896-1981 (contributor, Person)
- Bradford, Reed H. (Reed Howard), 1912-1994 (contributor, Person)
- Pond, A. Smith (Alonzo Smith), 1905-1959 (contributor, Person)
- Romney, Antone K. (Antone Kimball), 1902-1982 (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Records of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is an academic unit at Brigham Young University. Formed in 1954 in the division of the earlier College of Arts and Sciences, the college was responsible for administering the academic departments related to languages, literature, history, political science, archaeology, psychology, and sociology. In 1965 it was again divided to create the College of Humanities and the College of Social Sciences.
20 boxes (10 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Arranged into seven series: 1. College of Humanities and Social Sciences correspondence, 1960-1962. 2. College of Humanities and Social Sciences subject files, 1928-1962. 3. College of Humanities and Social Sciences correspondence, 1954-1963. 4. College of Humanities and Social Sciences subject files, 1954-1962. 5. College of Humanities subject and correspondence files, 1955-1969. 6. College of Humanities and Social Sciences data processing reports, 1955-1965. 7. College of Humanities and Social Sciences faculty files, 1918-1962.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA464.xml
Materials were transferred from The College of Humanaties and Social Sciences.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Processed; Hollis Scott.
- Register of the College of Humanities records
- James Cloward and Hollis Scott
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008