Department of Speech and Dramatic Arts records
Scope and Contents
Includes correspondence, memoranda, staff agendas and minutes, audiometric examinations and certification requirements for the department and its Speech and Hearing Clinic. Also includes financial information, reports, and correspondence to the Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
- Brigham Young University. Speech and Dramatic Arts Department (1967-1975) (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Department of Speech (1961-1967) (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Speech and Dramatic Arts Department (1953-1961) (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Department of Speech and Dramatic Arts records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Arranged into nine series: 1. Correspondence, 1960-1974. 2. Agendas, 1959-1965. 3. Staff minutes, 1959-1968. 4. Staff agenda and minutes, 1968-1970. 5. Faculty minutes, 1959-1973. 6. Audiometric examination reports, 1969. 7. Certification requirements files, 1961-1968. 8. Government grant acceptance materials, 1971. 9. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare files, 1963-1973.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA459.xml
These materials were transferred from the Department of Speech and Dramatic Arts records.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; Department of Speech and Dramatic Arts records.
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Register of the Department of Speech and Dramatic Arts records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008