Intercollegiate Athletics records, 1920-1979
Scope and Contents note
Contains minutes, correspondence, and programs from the Intercollegiate Athletics Department dated 1920 to 1979. The materials pertain to intercollegiate athletic events and from the Office of the Department Chair. The materials from the Office of the Department Chair are from the tenures of Edwin R. Kimball, W. Floyd Millet, and Stan H. Watts.
- Brigham Young University. College of Physical Education (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from College of Physical Education records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The College of Physical Education was established in 1960 when the College of Recreation, Physical and Health Education, and Athletics was abolished. The new college incorporating many of the same programs and also some new ones. The college was abolished in 1988 and renamed the College of Health and Human Performances.
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA544.xml
- Brigham Young University -- Departments
- Brigham Young University -- Basketball
- Brigham Young University -- Sports
- Brigham Young University -- Football
- Colleges and Universities
- Kimball, Edwin R. (Edwin Roberts), 1903-1991
- Millet, W. Floyd (William Floyd), 1911-2000
- Minutes (Records)
- Watts, Stanley Howard, 1911-2000