Skip to main content

Teacher Education, 1973-1995

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1245

Scope and Contents

From the Collection:

Contains correspondence and information about the restructuring of the elementary program.


  • 1973-1995


Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Teacher Education records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

From the Collection:

The College of Education began as the Church Teachers College, which then became the School of Education. In 1921, newly appointed President Harris created the College of Education from the School of Education. L. John Nuttall was named Dean of the College in 1922. While John Nuttall acted as Interim President during Harris' world tour, John C. Swensen acted as Dean of Education for the 1926-1927 school year. John Nuttall left the University in 1926, and Harris appointed Amos N. Merrill Acting Dean until 1939, when he was officially named Dean of the College and served until 1945. Asael Lambert was an Interim Dean from 1945-1946, and Reuben Law was appointed Dean from 1946-1954.


From the Collection: 10 boxes (5 linear ft.)

Language of Materials