Michael D. Peterson collection on Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Scope and Contents
Collection includes photographs of leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and church sites in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the late 1800's and early 1900's. It also contains a few letters and financial papers pertaining to Utah in the late 19th century and early 20th century.
- approximately 1852-1905
- Peterson, Michael D. (collector, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Photographs are kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Michael D. Peterson collection on Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Collection was donated by Michael D. Peterson, who assembled the materials.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Michael D. Peterson; 2010.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
Processed; Lionel Thomas; 2011.
Processed; Elizabeth Ballif; 2011.
- Items removed from the collection: 1. Bound Pamphlet on Opinion of Hon. Z. Snow and Plea of George A. Smith published by Franklin D. Richards in 1852 2. Pamphlet entitled "Fraud on the Will" 3. A short history of Enos and Jemima Stookey and their son Enos Lionel
- Register of Michael D. Peterson collection on Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Lionel Thomas
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.