Skip to main content

Collection on Leadership Week

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 5682

Scope and Contents

Collection contains speeches from Brigham Young University Leadership Week. The materials contain role play scenarios, stories, and gospel teaching methods for improvement of teaching. Also contains devotionals for Leadership Week and lectures related to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Dated 1954-1964.

Dates

  • 1954-1964

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Open for public research.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Collection on Leadership Week must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.

Administrative History

Adult Education and Extension Services (1957-1964) was the unit at Brigham Young University responsible for coordinating distance education and extension work.

The Division of Adult Education and Extension Services was established in 1957 in a reorganization of the earlier Extension Division. The unit was charged with providing educational services to groups outside the normal day enrollment of the university. Harold Glen Clark served as the dean of the division from its establishment until its reorganization in 1964 as the Division of Continuing Education.

Administrative History

The Department of Extension Publications (1961-1968) was an administrative body of Brigham Young University.

The Department of Extension Publications was established in 1961 and was abolished in 1968. Those who served as chairmen of the department were: William Leach (1961-1964) and Lawrence D. Lawlor (1964-1966). When Adult Education and Extension Services was renamed the Division of Continuing Education, the department was then lead by a supervisor, William F. Rawcliffe (1966-1968). Extension Publications produced in multilith or printed form numerous lectures, pamphlets, and other material for distribution to students, faculty, alumni, and patrons of the University. The goal of this service was adult education through the printed page.

Administrative History

The Extension Division (1921-1957) was the unit at Brigham Young University responsible for coordinating distance education and extension work.

The Extension Division was established in 1921 in a reorganization of the earlier Extension Department. It was charged with providing educational services to those outside the university campus, such as off-campus programs, lectures, classroom offerings, and correspondence courses. Directors of the division included Lowry Nelson (1921-1936), Harrison R. Merrill (1936-1939), Carlton Culmsee (1939-1944), Gerrit de Jong (Acting Director, 1944-1946), Thomas L. Broadbent (Acting Director, 1946-1947), and Harold Glen Clark (1947-1957). In 1957 the unit was renamed as Adult Education and Extension Services.

Extent

1 box (0.5 linear ft.)

Language

English

Arrangement

Arranged by year.

Custodial History

Transferred from Utah State University in May 2014.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Transferred; Utah State University; May 2014.

Appraisal

University records (University Archives Collecting Policy, February 2010).

Processing Information

Processed; Sarah Markle; May 2014.
Title
Register of Collection on Leadership Week
Status
Completed
Author
Sarah Markle
Date
2014 May 23
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English in Latin script.

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States