- L. Tom Perry Special Collections (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
1 carton (1 linear ft.)
The Perry Special Collections was named in May 2000, and was previously known as the Department of Special Collections; Manuscripts. Aline and L. Sam Skaggs, through their ALSAM Foundation, made a generous financial donation to the new library and requested that the Special Collections be named after L. Tom Perry, an apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The department is responsible for collecting, preserving, and making available rare books, historical manuscripts, and university records. Department chairs have included Scott Duvall (1999-2002), P. Bradford Westwood (2002-2009), Russ Taylor (2009-2014), and J. Gordon Daines III (2014- ).
Found in the University Archives stacks in January 2015.
Transferred from the Motion Picture Archives of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections by Mary-Celeste Ricks Lewis in February 2017.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; October 2013.
Found; University Archives stacks, January 2015.
Transferred; Mary-Celeste Ricks Lewis; February 2017.
Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; 2013.
Addendum processed; Erin Owens; March 2015.
Addendum processed; Eric Wolford; February 2016.
Addendum processed; Eric Wolford; May 2017.
- Register of L. Tom Perry Special Collections records
- Olivia Serafin
- 2011 October 7
- Description rules
- Language of description
- 2013 October 28: Addendum added and description updated; J. Gordon Daines III; October 2013.
- 2015 March 31: Addendum added; Erin Owens; March 2015.
- 2016 February 16: Addendum added; Eric Wolford; February 2016.
- 2017 May: Addendum added; Eric Wolford; May 2017.