Sheldon Riser Brewster papers
Scope and Contents
Autobiographies, official correspondence, newspaper clippings, certificates, and miscellaneous items. These materials document the life and civic and church careers of Brewster. They include letters from prominent Utah politicians and newsletters Brewster sent to members of his ward who were in the U.S. military forces during World War II.
- Brewster, Sheldon Riser, 1901- (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Sheldon Riser Brewster papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon businessman, church leader, and Utah politician. Brewster served as a bishop for 18 years and as a member of a stake presidency for 13 years for the Mormon Church. He also served as speaker of the Utah House of Representatives (1941-1959).
50 items (0.18 linear ft.)
Donated by Sheldon R. Brewster in 1982.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Sheldon R. Brewster; 1982.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Home and Family
- Legislators -- Utah -- Correspondence
- Mormon Church -- Bishops -- Utah -- Salt Lake City
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- Utah -- Politics and government
- Utah. Legislature -- History
- Register of Sheldon Riser Brewster papers
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 September 16
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.